PCR Testing Update
The Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Economic Development, with the consent of the Government of Montenegro, have decided to cancel free PCR testing from September 1, 2021, for tourists who need to meet the requirements of having a negative PCR test
Pre-book your PCR testing two or three days in advance by sending an email to the representative of Tourism Organisation of Kotor, Ognjen Magud: email@example.com, or whatsapp/viber message to +38267353570.
Once you schedule for PCR testing, you need to come to the Medical center with a passport and a certificate of paid sojourn tax – at 7.00 a.m. for passport data submission, after which you may get a PCR test from 7.30 to 8.30 a.m.
The results will be the same day no later than 7 p.m.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PCR TESTING OF TOURISTS
PCR testing of foreign tourists in Podgorica, Tuzi, Danilovgrad and Cetinje is conducted and will be conducted by the Institute of Public Health.
In other municipalities, local health centers are responsible for PCR testing of tourists.
The conditions that must be met in advance, and in accordance with the Instructions of the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Economy, are:
- Only tourists who have proof of paid tax in one of the hotels or registered private accommodation in the territory of Montenegro, are tested.
- Only tourists who are required a negative PCR test upon return to the countries they live in, are tested.
- It is necessary for the owner of the accommodation, the agency or the tourist himself to call the local medical center in the respective municipality at least 72 hours before the trip, in order to book the testing.
- The tourist is obliged to be present at the agreed place of testing at the agreed time, otherwise the testing will not be performed.
- Scheduling of testing is done in the way and at the time that is preferred by tourists and the HES (Hygienic and Epidemiological Service) of the local medical center.
- It is necessary for the Health Center Management to provide a sufficient number of teams and make an assessment of the best way to organize testing.
Free PCR testing, for all foreign tourists who are required to be tested upon return to their country, with a mandatory passport / ID card, is performed at the COVID testing clinic located in front of the Kotor Medical Center.
PCR testing is done Monday through Saturday, from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Test results are available the same day from 5 p.m.
Contact: 032 / 334-533 and firstname.lastname@example.org